Alternate Terrain Generation Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2Updated: March 17, 2017 | Author: P0rtableRogue
What is Alternate Terrain Generation (ATG)?
ATG adds a new world type which entirely replaces the base method of creating the world.
Vanilla generation creates “blobs” of land within the world and assigns random biomes to each, shuffling them around a bit to add rivers and such. The height and shape of terrain within these areas is determined by the biome, not the rest of the world.
ATG completely changes this, instead creating height, temperature and moisture maps for the world and deriving the final biome based upon those. Higher areas are colder, areas away from the sea and where the temperature is high tend to be dryer.
ATG currently supports vanilla and Extra Biomes XL. ATG itself is compatible with others, but they won’t appear in ATG worlds
A cold shoreline, with gravel and sandy gravel beaches.
Mountainside with EBXL trees and river.
Rivers don’t always work as well as they might…
A rolling shrubland area.
Shrubland and EBXL meadows.
A snowy coast with steppe on the left.
A forested valley.
Another view of the same valley.
There are still a few issues with generation at the interface between deserts and hilly zones.
Tundra dotted with steppe.
Large mountain in a cold, dry area.
Swampy coastal inlet.
Flat terrain exists, but at higher altitudes than vanilla.
Swampy coasts cause small cliffs.
Mountain slopes can be very steep, but tend to not be sheer cliffs.
Volcano lava spout – these are found on the highest mountains and reach to bedrock.
Another swamp coast, showing layered plateaus up a hill.
A hilly desert.
Gravel beaches appear when temperature drops, but before snow.
Transitional biomes: Meadow/plains -> shrubland -> woodland -> forest.
EBXL autumn trees appear as groves in forests.
A cold valley.
A lake between two mountain ridges.
A wooded coast at the interface between hot and temperate.
Sandy coastal areas are common where the sea gets shallow.
- Download and run the latest version of Minecraft Forge
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft/mods
- Download the mod
- Move the downloaded Jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder
- Done and Enjoy the mod.
- This is a PORT version of the 1.6 generator to 1.7. THINGS WILL CHANGE, and world borders WILL NOT MATCH UP IN LATER VERSIONS! This version is for the impatient who want to play ATG in 1.7 before I do all the major feature updates that I’ve been intending. Stick with this version if you use it until you make another new world, because it’ll mess up borders later. You have been warned!
- It is strongly recommended that this version is not used in public mod packs because of the upcoming changes. This is especially directed at FTB!
- Ported to 1.7.2
- Added support for the various new biomes available in 1.7.
- Removed Boreal Forest biome, as it is now obsolete.
- Removed Savanna biome, as it is now obsolete.
- Reworked the Tropical Shrubland biome – it now looks more like a transition between forest/savanna/jungle than a stumpy, balding jungle biome. Consequently, its temperature has dropped to be in line with the new savanna.
- IGenModCoords has been merged with IGenMod, as I should have provided that functionality to begin with. Seemed like a good time to fix it properly.
- Volcano grass colour has changed to take advantage of the new location aware biome colour functions.
- Minor biome decoration tweaks to bring them in line with their 1.7 neighbours.
Alternate Terrain Generation Mod Download Links:
|Minecraft 1.10.2 Mods, Minecraft 1.11.2 Mods, Minecraft 1.5.2 Mods, Minecraft 1.6.2 Mods, Minecraft 1.6.4 Mods, Minecraft 1.7.10 Mods, Minecraft 1.7.2 Mods|