GLSL Shaders Mod for Minecraft [1.11.2/1.11/1.10.2/1.9.4/1.8.9]Updated: January 4, 2017 |
On its own, Minecraft is a very simplistic game, with minimalist graphics and not that much to offer from a visual standpoint. However, what makes Minecraft a huge success, alongside the fun gameplay, is the fact that it has a striving community of modders. And even though there are tons of mods, only a few manage to successfully stand out from the crowd, with the GLSL Shaders Mod bring on top of the list.
The GLSL Shaders Mod is a very realistic modification to Minecraft that provides a smoother lighting effect, as well as more realistic shadows that reflect shapes. Not only that, but you can easily take full advantage of numerous other effects without any hassle. Since the mod on its own is mostly about the graphics and how the game looks, you can be sure that installing and running it can be quite demanding on your system, that is why you should try and get a good rig for it. However, the results are well worth it, because this literally transforms your Minecraft world into a whole new, more immersive and appealing experience unlike anything you have ever seen before. With the help of the glsl shaders mod you have the unique opportunity to enter a stunning, appealing and just plain beautiful Minecraft game.
GLSL Shaders More Screenshot:
Karyonix GLSL Shaders Mod uses a shader that enhances the default brightness and then darkens the shadows, with the main purpose of creating a neat, impressive effect. The mod will require a lot of FPS, each new version improving it in this regard.
Installing the GLSL Shaders Mod is very simple to perform for Minecraft 1.11.2, 1.10, 1.9, 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4:
All you have to do is to follow the next steps to the letter and you will have no problem getting it to run properly right from the start.
- If you have Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2 you will have to grab the Minecraft Forge 1.11.2 mod and then get the Optifine mod for 1,7.10 as well. If you have Minecraft 1.6.4, it’s recommended to delete the Optifine mod from the Mods folder.
- Download the GLSL Shaders mod version that suits your Minecraft installation version. Get the appropriate archive and then proceed to the next step.
- Once the Mod is downloaded, you need to enter the %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft/bin path then initiate the Minecraft.jar file.
- Grab all the files that you have in the Shadermod folder and then implement them into your Minecraft.jar file.
- Wait until the process is completed and start Minecraft to play with the mod installed.
It’s important to know that if you already installed the mod on a previous Minecraft version you can easily install over the earlier version, as there won’t be any issues.
In conclusion, GLSL Shaders Mod is an amazing addition to an already awesome game. If you want to take your Minecraft experience to a whole new level, then we recommend that you install the GLSL Shaders Mod right away and see how realistic Minecraft can become!
GLSL Shaders Mod reviews:
GLSL Shaders Mod DOWNLOAD LINKS:
For Minecraft 1.11.2/1.11/1.10.2/1.10/1.9.4 and 1.9
Inbuild into Minecraft OptiFine HD.
For Minecraft 1.8.9
sp614x has merged Shaders Mod’s feature into OptiFine HD.
For 1.8, 1.8.1 and other versions (Not compatible with Optifine, FML)
- non-Forge version(Installer version): http://dl3.file-minecraft.com/index.php?act=dl&id=1418366987
Warning: If it crashes, it may corrupt your save game. Backup your save game before running or run it only with test-world.
- v2.3.2 Non-Forge(Installer version): http://dl1.file-minecraft.com/index.php?act=dl&id=1420467620
- v2.3.2 Forge: http://dl1.file-minecraft.com/index.php?act=dl&id=1420467657
For 1.7.5 (alpha version)
- BETA Installer version: http://dl1.file-minecraft.com/index.php?act=dl&id=1420467932
- Bump shadow waving: http://dl1.file-minecraft.com/index.php?act=dl&id=1420467953
Credit and (updated by karyonix,daxnitro)