Light Level Overlay Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2/1.9.4 ( Blocks and Distance Indication)Updated: March 10, 2017 | Author: 4poc
Minecraft is one of the most remarkable games in the history of the art. Not only is it incredibly popular for its intriguing gameplay, this videogame is renowned for its user-oriented game alterations. Players can construct their own version of the game through modifications, which can change everything from the graphics to the precision of weapons. Even with the most basic modifications, players are able to formulate a unique and independent Minecraft that has been personalized to their own interests. The Light Level Overlay Mod is one such modification, enabling users to safely and efficiently construct their habitats within the game.
What Is the Light Level Overlay Mod?
This unique modification is very base in its applications, but with it any player can guarantee that they will not fall victim to surprise hostile mobs within their buildings. The Light Level Overlay Mod for Minecraft gives the user an indication of precisely how many blocks certain lights cover. An overlay is placed on the tops of torches, glowstones, and all other forms of light within the game. This indication shows the distance of blocks the light will extend, through convenient numerical displays.
How Does The Light Level Overlay Mod for Minecraft Work?
The majority of Minecraft players are fully aware of the pains presented by sunset within the game. During the darkness, many horrible creatures can spawn and destroy all the hard work a player has put in. Monsters are incapable of spawning nearby if there is enough light in the area, however, so a player can use the Light Level Overlay Mod to place their torches during the daytime. They can be sure to place the torches at a safe distance from one another to ensure the absence of darkness. Once a player has used this mod often enough, they can quickly learn all of the block-measured distances each light source provides, thus preventing any future attacks.
After you played with lloverlay the first time a ~/.minecraft/lloverlay.properties file is created with all default configuration options, feel free to modify any of those, you can press F9+R in minecraft to reload the config ingame:
- hotkey: keycode that toggles the overlay
- debug: activates debug messages
- drawDistance: distance in blocks in each direction the overlays are drawn, decrease if you run into performance problems
- textureRow: the textures provided (lightlevel.png) can include multiple “styles” or themes, here you can select which row should be drawn (0 = first row, 1 = second row, …). Each block texture is 16×16 pixel.
- generateInterval: the interval in milliseconds (250 = 1/4 second) in which the lightlevel data are gathered (if you place a torch its at least 250 ms till the overlays are updated), increase if you run into performance problems
- showLightlevelUpto: you can set the level up-to the overlay should be drawn.
- drawNonSpawnable: if set to true draw the lightlevel on halfslabs/farmland/glass where mobs can’t spawn.
- useSkyLightlevel: set to true for light levels effected by daylight (all surface blocks 15 light level, unfortunately currently also at night times)
Downloading the Light Level Overlay Mod for Minecraft
In order to download this modification, the player must have an older version of Minecraft installed. This mod is incompatible with newer versions of the game, and it can be used with 1.6.4 exclusively. Once the Minecraft user has downgraded in order to perform adequate building, they can download the mod and place it in the modification section of the Minecraft Forge 1.11.2 folder. Then they are free to run the program and build with adequate lighting.
For Minecraft 1.11.2/1.11/1.10/1.10.2/1.9.4/1.9
For Minecraft 1.8.9
For Minecraft 1.7.10
|Minecraft 1.10.0 Mods, Minecraft 1.10.2 Mods, Minecraft 1.11 Mods, Minecraft 1.11.2 Mods, Minecraft 1.4.7 Mods, Minecraft 1.5.1 Mods, Minecraft 1.5.2 Mods, Minecraft 1.6.2 Mods, Minecraft 1.6.4 Mods, Minecraft 1.7.10 Mods, Minecraft 1.8.9 Mods|