Minecraft Zan’s minimap [1.11.2/1.11/1.10.2/1.9.4/1.8.9]Updated: December 30, 2016 |
Today games are not viewed only as a child’s venture; there are very many adults who enjoy the challenges that are presented by most games. There are several games in the market today but one of the most popular games is the Minecraft game. Minecraft is loved by many, mostly because of its uniqueness; having to build your own world instead of playing in a world that has already been set out for you. The little but very important modifications make the game more interesting.
Zan’s minimap which is also known as Voxelmap, is one such modification that adds an interesting feature to this game. This is however recommended for the Minecraft version: 1.11.2, 1.11,1.10.2,1.8,1.7.10, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4/1.5.2. What makes this Zan’s minimap outstanding is the fact that it enables the player to know exactly where they have been and where they are heading to.
Unique features of the Voxelmap
This Voxelmap or the Zan’s minimap has several similarities to the Rei’s minimap, but with more customization options. This minimap mod has support for Aliens motion Tracker and retro Sun direction mod. It also supports square shaped minimaps and offers more texture packs. Other than a Radar mod for multiplayer, it also supports several languages; making it truly one of a kind.
Zan’s minimap is a great add on to your Minecraft game especially with the graphical menu that allows you to modify the map details and an advanced height indicator for mobs.
The indicator for mobs shows you the locations of the enemies that are near you, helping you avoid colliding with them when you least expect it. When you play depending completely on your luck, then things get a little technical.
Voxelmap offers a death maker that shows your exact death location; it’s easier to successfully advance to different levels with this particular feature.
Zans minimap controls:
- Press “M” to open the options for the map (default key) where you can tune it to your liking
- Pressing “B” will let you add a waypoint to the map, which has many uses, can be used to find certain things, to mark points of interests on your map and much more.
- “Z” will zoom the minimap, cycling through the various levels of zoom.
- To open the full map, simply press “X”, and unlike the crafted map, this shows places you haven’t explored yet.
- There is also an unbound key that toggles mobs, simply bind the key you want to it to toggle if you want to see mobs on the map or not.
- Remove all other keybinds set to M, zan’s seems to take last priority. Just go to options > controls > all and find ANYTHING that’s on M and change it.
Screenshot for the Zan’s Minimap:
Zan’s minimap is a rather famous minimap mod created by Zan
Installation procedure for the Zan’s Minimap:
1. The installation procedure for Voxelmap varies depending on the version of your minecraft. The Zan’s minimap installation procedure for the version 1.7.2 starts with downloading the Modloader before downloading the Zan’s minimap.
2. All you have to do is go to the start menu and type – %appdata%/.minecraft/bin and press enter. Using the WinRAR, 7zip or any other archive software; open the Minecraft.jar then proceed to opening Voxelmap zip file. Drag and drop the Voxelmap files and folders into the jar.
3. Another important action that assists to avoid black-screen issues is to delete META-INF folder.
4. Finally launch the Minecraft, check if the mod is installed properly then back up your minecraft.jar.
[quote]Notices:One thing to remember is that it is very advisable to install Zan’s Minimap on fresh copy of the minecraft game. The installation procedure below is for v1.7.2 and earlier versions..[/quote]
Zan’s Minimap Mod Features:
- Support for Aliens Motion Tracker and Retro Sun Direction mod
- Better height indicator for mobs
- Death Marker shows your last death location
- Square shaped minimap
- Graphical Menu for modifying map details.
- Radar Mod for multiplayer
- Additional texture packs supported
- Multiple languages supported
Zan’s Minimap mod Download Links :
For Minecraft 1.7.10 to Minecraft 1.9.4, 1.10.2,1.11,1.11.2
For 1.8 – Requires Liteloader
Liteloader version 1.8: http://dl3.file-minecraft.com/index.php?act=dl&id=1418370584
For 1.7.10 – Requires Liteloader
Download Litloader 1.7.10 and run its installer. Then get the Voxelmap mod file from link above. After that go to /.minecraft/mods folder and put the litemod file there. Finally, launch Minecraft using Liteloader profile.
- voxelmap-1.7.2-1.0.jar: http://dl1.file-minecraft.com/index.php?act=dl&id=1415897551
- Vanilla – zanMap172f.zip: http://dl1.file-minecraft.com/index.php?act=dl&id=1415897671
- ZansMinimap1.6.4.zip: http://dl1.file-minecraft.com/index.php?act=dl&id=1415897706
- ZansMinimap1.6.2.zip: http://dl1.file-minecraft.com/index.php?act=dl&id=1415897764
Update by MamiyaOtaru