Rei’s Minimap Mod 1.11.2/1.8.9/1.7.10 ( Custom-looking Map)Updated: February 19, 2017 | Author: ReiFNSK
Rei’s Minimap is one of the most dynamic modification tools to enhance your gaming experience when playing Minecraft. It will add a brilliant, custom-looking map into all gaming screens. The map is highly customizable and looks just like the ones you’d normally see in other MMO games, like LoL and Guild Wars, for example.
Its best feature is where it helps guide through a number of locations, travel across long distances and steer clear of gangs, dangerous animals and other unsavoury characters that are designed to interrupt the smooth playing experience.
The map can be configured by setting out things like way points, alter the transparency and add in new objects as you see fit. Moreover, it is compatible with various map visibility mods.
Rei’s Minimap Mod for Minecraft has many features including an ability to quickly process commands, show exquisite map rendering, express semi-transparent blocks and use a bump map expression of height; this is where you can alter the map’s display to give it a tilt effect.
The features of Rei’s Minimap Mod for Minecraft also includes cave mapping, biome colouring, entities radar implementation and the feature where you can automatically generate block colours from your texture pack. The features also have an ability to express the way the light so dynamically changes, create those way points, indicate where slime spawning chunks occur and you can change key configurations while playing the game.
- You can also set waypoints and remember deathpoints. By pressing the (by default) “.” or “~” key, you can view a list of options. Macs may have issues. You can easily edit the keys from the config folder or in-game in the menu.
- To do this on a Mac, go to Mac HD > Users > Username > Library > Application Support > Minecraft > mods > rei_minimap > keyconfig.txt. You can find the menu hotkey and set it to whatever key you want.
How to install:
- Rei’s Minimap is relatively easy to install and you will need to begin by downloading and installing Forge. However, if you have version 1.7.2 you will have to download the zip file here: For 1.7.2: [1.7.2] ReiMinimap_v3.4_03beta.zip
- Version 1.7.2 is not compatible with Forge. You need to manually put the files into the Jar and delete “meta-inf” folder.
- Now navigate to the “Start” menu and select “Run” and type: %appdata%/.minecraft/
- Enter that and then open the Mods folder and move the .zip file there that was downloaded in the earlier step. Then close everything up and run Minecraft to see if the game runs smoothly.
- There are a couple of pieces of software that can be used to help the installation process run smoothly: MC Patcher and Magic Launcher both work well and can be used for installing this mod.
- Updated for Minecraft 1.7.10
- Beta release for Minecraft 1.7.2
- Fixed: not visible PlayerEntity of entity radar
- Support: Minecraft 1.6.4/1.6.2
For Minecraft 1.8 (The Rei’s Minimap no more coming updates, but the Zan’s Minimap are update and ready for Minecraft 1.8! It is really a nice way to start the day!)
For Minecraft 1.7.10 (v3.4 Beta)
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.6.4
Credit by ReiFNSK